Shrine of the Little Flower
St. Therese of the Infant Jesus Catholic Church
3424 Fourth Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87107
Phone: (505) 344-8050 Fax: (505) 345-3248
- Each student must choose a sponsor for Confirmation before November 2017 and have all necessary forms turned in to the Religious Education Office.
- Parents cannot serve as sponsors for their child.
- Sponsors must go to the pastor of their parish church they are registered in and have a Sponsor Commitment form signed by their pastor to be a sponsor for Confirmation.
- The sponsor must be a good practicing Catholic who is currently able to receive the sacrament and already received the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation).
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Anyone in an invalid marriage cannot be a sponsor. If the sponsor is married, he/she must be married by the Roman Catholic Church.
- The Confirmation candidate must choose a Confirmation name which is a saints name and be familiar with the life of the saint or they may use their baptismal saint’s name.
- The candidate must attend all classes, retreats, and other mandatory activities which are listed in the calendar. If a class is missed a makeup session will be assigned.
- The candidate will be required to participate in service hours to projects of their choice which involve volunteer work in their church or community. The purpose of the service projects is to make the students aware of their role as active, participating members of the parish community.
- Each candidate will write a letter to Archbishop John C. Wester asking to be confirmed. Further instructions will be given at one of the Retreats.
- There will be one interview with the candidate towards the end of the year.
Participation in Parish Activities:
Parents and students are encouraged to participate in all parish activities and programs. This is a part of the ongoing formation parents need to instill in their children emphasizing our closeness as a community of God’s people.
The intensive preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation is a one-year program. Throughout this time of immediate preparation the candidates are asked to demonstrate their desire to receive this Sacrament by participation in various activities. Some of these activities include: Candidate/Parent Retreat on September 24 from 11am to 3pm; service hours during the St. Therese Fiestas; Candidate/Sponsor Retreat on November 19 from 11am to 3pm; Confirmation Candidates will host the Posadas at the Parish Hall on December 17; service hours in putting together luminarias for St. Therese Church grounds; Candidate Confirmation Retreat on January 20 from 9am through January 21st; and participate in a Seder meal on March 28th. All details will be provided before each event.
High School Confirmation
Sunday 11:00am to 3:00pm Classes begin August 27, 2017 through April 29, 2018
Classes are held at the St. Therese Parish Hall unless otherwise stated in the calendar.
Classes begin promptly at 11:00am. Please be on time.